Georgia Jones, LCSW
I love people. I want us to thrive and grow and live and love fully, even though life is hard hard hard! I knew I wanted to do this work since I was a child. So I have spent my entire life observing people, learning what makes them “tick”, and listening to incredible stories of resilience.
I would like to listen to you. I’ll reflect back to you what I hear, see and feel, and help you feel safe and skilled to do the same. I believe that much suffering is felt within the divide between where you are and where you want to be. In fact, it’s this gap between the “now” and the future, and the pain and anxiety about not yet being in the future, that led me to my own meditation practice. I had anxiety as a child, and learned how to manage it by calming my body and directing my attention, instead of believing hook, line and sinker what my thoughts were screaming at me. Since then, I’ve gotten deeper into the practice of meditation, and continually rediscover the power of just fully sinking into whatever’s happening now. Not with resignation, or as a victim, but with curious, spacious, openness.
I want us to discover you. I want to help you unearth the true, real, free and authentic you, so that you can live fully and with ease.
- Over 20 years of experience in social work, with diverse and resilient, amazing people
- Over 16 years of personal meditation practice, and a guiding desire to live mindfully (as best I can!)
- Certified in the clinical use of mindfulness through the Institute for Mediation and Psychotherapy
- 10 years’ experience in crisis intervention, both as a direct practitioner and supervisor
- Founder and Director of Chicago Mindful Psychotherapy
- Co-Director of The Mindfulness Clinic, teaching the myriad applications of mindfulness